Perpetually dressed in all black, an organic green juice in hand, and usually found somewhere between NYC, LA and Sweden... This big fish has returned to the little pond, but only long enough for us to fall in love with her impeccable style all over again. Keenan is an Arkansas native whose heart [insert sad face here] lies in the Big Apple. With the holiday season coming to a close, our stylist heads back to her second home to work for one of our favorite brands, IRO. But before she jet-sets once again, check out this Q&A with our favorite home-grown, bicoastal fashion maven.
S: If you could style one celebrity, who would it be?
K: I think it would be really fun to work with Jenna Lyons--styling anyone along side of her would be such an awesome experience.
S: What's your favorite item in your closet?
K: I have an amazing perforated leather dress from Alexander Wang that I adore. It's an original sample from the SS12 collection that Liya Kebede wore down the runway.
S: What item are you most coveting at the moment?
K: I just found the most amazing sneakers by a Norwegian company called Diemme--They're actually men's, but I'm dying for the new spring collection to arrive and praying that they make a pair small enough for me to buy!
S: Who are your style icons?
K: Yasmin Sewell, Sofía Sanchez Barrenechea, and Lucy Chadwick
S: What do you do on your day off?
K: If I'm not traveling, I usually try to relax and spend time with my friends and boyfriend. I love to just go to the gym and spend the night in with a good documentary and catch up on my favorite blogs (including Columbine Smille, The Street Muse, and Andy Heart) and some online shopping.
S: What's your go-to airport outfit?
K: I try to stick to comfort and layers. I tend to wear a good pair of thick viscose leggings, flat boots and layers on layers on top. And, usually a really big scarf that will double as a blanket come nap time... I'm always freezing on the plane!
S: What are you most looking forward to wearing this spring?
K: White!! I can't wait to throw on a crisp white button-up and the perfect mini skirt and walk out the door... You cant have enough mini skirts!
Shop IRO at Scarlet here.
What Keenan is wearing in her own words:
Jacket - IRO Exclusive
Top - IRO
Leather Pants - Acne
Shoes- Pony hair pumps available at Scarlet Boutique (order by phone: (501) 223-8585)
1. Diamond Triangle - from Scarlet; It was my Christmas gift from Jeanne this year--what a great boss ;)
2. Arabic- My dad gave it to me when I turned 18. It was my moms. He had it hand made for her in Saudi Arabia out of a lump of gold given to him by an Arabian king. It says "Christy"--my moms name.
1. Pinky Ring- A Christmas gift from my boyfriend. It was his moms. She bought it in Spain in the 60's. The white part is elephant tusk which is now illegal to use.
2. Ring Finger- Vintage rings that belonged to my great-grandmother. The middle one is her engagement ring and the one just below it is her wedding band.
Middle Finger - My grandma's high school graduation ring. She graduated in 1943 when she was only 16!
1. Middle finger- Stackable rings--a great Etsy find!
2. Ring Finger- Black diamond ring from Scarlet; Jeanne gave it to me when I came home to visit for the first time after moving to NYC.
Bracelet- Also a recent gift from my boyfriend. It was his grandmother's. Her husband gave it to her when she found out she was pregnant with his mom.
Watch- Vintage Chanel. Its from the original Premiere watch collection. I got it when I lived in Dallas for college and worked for a local gold smith.